Forum: RSpec Cucumber changes between 0.1.8 and edge

Pau C. (Guest)
on 2008-11-01 07:02
When I run `rake features` after adding cucumber v0.1.8 to my rails app
(as a plugin), I get success. But when I upgrade to edge, I get this
error:

"
|/home/paul/sc/ror/cebu_heroku/vendor/plugins/cucumber/bin/../lib/cucumber/formatters/pretty_formatter.rb:205:in
`ljust': no implicit conversion from nil to integer (TypeError)"

Full message here: http://pastie.org/305371

Here is my feature file: http://pastie.org/305372

And here are my step definitions: http://pastie.org/305373

I tried looking through
http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/tree/mast... but I
didn't see anything that would help me find the difference.

So what changed (and was it meant to)?

Thanks,
Paul
aslak hellesoy (Guest)
On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 6:02 AM, Pau C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Here is my feature file: http://pastie.org/305372
>
> And here are my step definitions: http://pastie.org/305373
>
> I tried looking through
> http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/tree/mast... but I
> didn't see anything that would help me find the difference.
>
> So what changed (and was it meant to)?

I think you have found a bug. Please put all of the relevant info in a
ticket.

Cheers,
Aslak
Joseph W. (Guest)
on 2008-11-01 13:42
Thanks for such a detailed report!

Your steps and features look good to me. I believe this a bug.

I think it came about due to some work that was done on aligning
Scenario table values.

Could you raise a ticket in lighthouse please?

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211-cucu...

Thanks,
Joseph W.
--http://www.joesniff.co.uk
Barry Mitchelson (Guest)
On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 5:02 AM, Pau C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Here is my feature file: http://pastie.org/305372
>
> And here are my step definitions: http://pastie.org/305373
>
> I tried looking through
> http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/tree/mast... but I
> didn't see anything that would help me find the difference.
>
> So what changed (and was it meant to)?

This sounds like the issue I had here
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tick....
Is there a feature running before this one with a scenario table with
at
least 2 more columns than the one in the failing feature?
Pau C. (Guest)
on 2008-11-02 07:16
Barry Mitchelson wrote:
> This sounds like the issue I had here

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tick....
> Is there a feature running before this one with a scenario table with
> at
> least 2 more columns than the one in the failing feature?

Thanks Barry. This seems to be the same issue. Applying your patch made
my features pass. I made a comment on lighthouse.
Barry Mitchelson (Guest)
On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 5:16 AM, Pau C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> my features pass. I made a comment on lighthouse.
OK. I've been a bit busy lately, but should be able to write the
requested
failing specs today.

Barry