Forum: GNU Radio Question about SD-Card Redear and USRP2

Matigakis E. (Guest)

the SD-Card reader that is available from Ettus R. is specifically
made for the USRP2?
Is it possible to use the SD-Card reader of my laptop to program the
SD-Cards?

We are having problem setting the gain in the USRP2 PGAs. Could it be
because of the firmware?
I saw in another message in the mailing list that there maybe
incompatibilities of the firmware
that was shipped with the USRP2 and the current svn code.

Thanks
Manolis.
Matigakis E. (Guest)

the SD-Card reader that is available from Ettus R. is specifically
made for the USRP2?
Is it possible to use the SD-Card reader of my laptop to program the
SD-Cards?

We are having problem setting the gain in the USRP2 PGAs. Could it be
because of the firmware?
I saw in another message in the mailing list that there maybe
incompatibilities of the firmware
that was shipped with the USRP2 and the current svn code.

Thanks
Manolis.
Matt E. (Guest)
Matigakis E. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the SD-Card reader that is available from Ettus R. is
> specifically made for the USRP2?
> Is it possible to use the SD-Card reader of my laptop to program the
> SD-Cards?

You can use any reader.

> We are having problem setting the gain in the USRP2 PGAs. Could it be
> because of the firmware?

There is no PGA in the USRP2.

> I saw in another message in the mailing list that there maybe
> incompatibilities of the firmware
> that was shipped with the USRP2 and the current svn code.

Yes.  You need to use the latest version.   See Johnathan C.'s email
from 10/27/08 entitled "Firmware Images for USRP2"

Matt