Forum: Ruby on Rails Error trying to create a static scaffold

Deepa P. (Guest)
on 2008-10-30 21:04
I'm a beginner. I get that error "wrong number of arguments (1 for 2).
Please let me know why this is so. I'm copying the comand from the Agile
Devpl. book. thanks, Deepa

RubyScripts\depot>ruby script/generate scaffold product admin
      exists  app/models/
      exists  app/controllers/
      exists  app/helpers/
      exists  app/views/products
      exists  app/views/layouts/
      exists  test/functional/
      exists  test/unit/
      exists  public/stylesheets/
wrong number of arguments (1 for 2)
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Oct 30, 7:04 pm, Deepa P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I'm a beginner. I get that error "wrong number of arguments (1 for 2).
> Please let me know why this is so. I'm copying the comand from the Agile
> Devpl. book. thanks, Deepa

your book is out of date. that generator looks like
ruby script/generate scaffold product name:string description:text

would create a scaffold (probably not the same one your book
describes) and a migration creating the appropriate table with a name
column of type string and a text column called description.

Fred