Forum: Ruby on Rails Need Help Convincing Java Developers To Use Rails

tashfeen.ekram (Guest)
I  am working with two Java developers. We are developing a web app
using the typical open source  java libraries tapestry, hibernate,
etc. I am trying to convince them to switch over to Rails. I was
hoping to get some advice/articles from this group on what kind things
can be useful in our discussion. I have searched the forum and the web
but i was hoping to get real examples from peeps on this former who
are former Java developers and their experience in the transition.

The only really usefule article i foudn is
http://www.pardontheinformation.com/2008/09/java-v...
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 30 Oct 2008, at 16:24, tashfeen.ekram wrote:

> I  am working with two Java developers. We are developing a web app
> using the typical open source  java libraries tapestry, hibernate,
> etc. I am trying to convince them to switch over to Rails. I was
> hoping to get some advice/articles from this group on what kind things
> can be useful in our discussion. I have searched the forum and the web
> but i was hoping to get real examples from peeps on this former who
> are former Java developers and their experience in the transition.

You may find http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fr_j2r/from-java-to-ruby
of interest. There's quite a lot of meat just in the excerpts from the
book available there.

Fred