Forum: Ruby on Rails read last entry from data base

xxmithila (Guest)
Hi..

 I want to read ID of last entered data set from table, are there any
possible ways to it?
help Im stucked.....
thankx
Bala kishore P. (Guest)
try
Model.find(:last)
reHa (Guest)
or:

User.find(:all, :order => 'id DESC', :limit=>1)

On Oct 30, 12:44 pm, "bala kishore pulicherla"
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Naga harish K. (Guest)
on 2008-10-30 14:12
If you want only the id of the last entered data then try this,
 User.maximum('id')
This will return the maximum id which will be anyways the last one.

xxmithila wrote:
> Hi..
>
>  I want to read ID of last entered data set from table, are there any
> possible ways to it?
> help Im stucked.....
> thankx
mithila karunarathna (Guest)
thankx guys
but
still there is a problem

User.find(:all, :order => 'id DESC', :limit=>1)

and

Model.find(:last)

both return "#"  mark only. whats the reson?  i want last index id
Bala kishore P. (Guest)
ok then say

lst_id = Model.find(:last).id
puts lst_id.inspect

hope 'll get this

as Model.find_last retunrns the entire last record

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:53 PM, mithila karunarathna
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid
mithila karunarathna (Guest)
Thankx guys I got the answer....
WoW....