Forum: RSpec Render_template return true when only part of template name match. Bug?

Alex R. (Guest)
I have this code

response.should render_template(:my_messages)

It returns true also if :messages template rendered. I am confused, is
this a bug or expected behavior?

Alex
David C. (Guest)
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Alex R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I have this code
>
> response.should render_template(:my_messages)
>
> It returns true also if :messages template rendered. I am confused, is this
> a bug or expected behavior?

Docs say use strings:

http://rspec.rubyforge.org/rspec-rails/1.1.11/clas...

Not sure why symbols are working at all :)