Forum: Ruby Hosting for Ruby Latinoamerica

Pablo Q. (Guest)
Hi  all,

Does anyone know any cheep rails hosting service for "Ruby
Latinoamerica"?
Each day more and more people are using ruby in Latin America so I guess
it
is necessary to stimulate this community.
I'm building it using Radiant but I don't wanna pay too much in
hosting...

Thanks!
Roger P. (Guest)
on 2008-10-30 07:36
Pablo Q. wrote:
> Hi  all,
>
> Does anyone know any cheep rails hosting service for "Ruby
> Latinoamerica"?
> Each day more and more people are using ruby in Latin America so I guess
> it
> is necessary to stimulate this community.
> I'm building it using Radiant but I don't wanna pay too much in
> hosting...
>
> Thanks!

http://www.locaweb.com.br/portal.html
might work.

Cheapest stuff is...dreamhost I'd guess--they have mod_rails, though
I've never used them.
Cheers!
-=R
Macario O. (Guest)
on 2008-10-30 08:44
Roger P. wrote:
> Pablo Q. wrote:
>> Hi  all,
>>
>> Does anyone know any cheep rails hosting service for "Ruby
>> Latinoamerica"?
>> Each day more and more people are using ruby in Latin America so I guess
>> it
>> is necessary to stimulate this community.
>> I'm building it using Radiant but I don't wanna pay too much in
>> hosting...
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> http://www.locaweb.com.br/portal.html
> might work.
>
> Cheapest stuff is...dreamhost I'd guess--they have mod_rails, though
> I've never used them.
> Cheers!
> -=R

I have a VPS with Rimuhosting and it has excellent support. Slicehost
seems very competitive.

Thats good news! It feels quite lonely here in Mexico.

¡Saludos!