Forum: Ruby on Rails Escape pipe symbol in textile table

Niek B. (Guest)
on 2008-10-29 10:31
This is not really a RoR specific question but i figured some of you
might know the answer.

I'm trying to create a table in textile like this:

bc..
|@.@|Any character except new line (\n)|
|. @(a|b)@|a or b|
bc.

As you can see, on the second row in the first column I need to ouput a
pipe symbol(|). But obviously textile sees this as a column specifier
for the table.
I tried escaping like |(a==|==b)| and |(a|b) but none of the
options give me the desired output.

Does anyone know how I can include a pipe symbol in a textile table?
Niek B. (Guest)
on 2008-10-29 10:33
Niek Bruins wrote:
> bc..
> |@.@|Any character except new line (\n)|
> |. @(a|b)@|a or b|
> bc.

Ignore the bc.. and bc. tags. I've put them there because I thought
ruby-forum would interpret my textile table and convert to a HTML table.