Forum: Ruby on Rails acts_as_authenticated now at github

(Guest)
Dear All

since stikypad went south, AAA + wiki have been down.

But now AAA + wiki, can be found at
http://github.com/gundestrup/acts_as_authenticated

Please help me with upgrading the wiki, and if you like, help improve
AAA.

Please note the AAA was created by technoweenie, and no longer
maintained.
I have taken over the project from the developer.

regards
svend
Daniel B. (Guest)
Hi svend,
Thanks for this.  I just cloned it and took a quick look.
Looks like the last serious work was done 2 years ago.

> Dear All
>
> since stikypad went south, AAA + wiki have been down.
>
> But now AAA + wiki, can be found at
> http://github.com/gundestrup/acts_as_authenticated
>
> Please help me with upgrading the wiki, and if you like, help improve
> AAA.

I tried it out against rails 2.1.1.
I just did a:
  % script/plugin git://github.com/gundestrup/acts_as_authenticated.git
And then
  % script/generate authenticated <model> <controller>
All the tests are working (rake test).

One thing I'd like to do is change .rhtml to .html.erb (the rails 2.x
action.format.renderer format).  Not sure what to do though with pre
rails 2 on this issue.

--
Daniel B.
(Guest)

But we could also hold on to .rhtml, since it still works with 2.0 and
pre 2.0.

We could perpaps also intergrade some of the stuff found in the wiki
in to the default installation?

Could you upgrade the wiki with the installation methode?

regards
svend
jdonnell (Guest)
One feature I've always wanted in AAA is the ability to use email
addresses for logging in instead of the login field. If you're open to
it I can put some effort into it.

On Oct 27, 6:13 am, "removed_email_address@domain.invalid"
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
(Guest)
Dear jdonnell

I have used AAA with e-mail as their login.
You just have to change the form, and the model validation.
But a good point to add to the wiki.
You can try to do what I explained, and if it works, I will give you
write access to the wiki, so you can share it with everybody else.

regards
svend
jdonnell (Guest)
that's what I do, but I do it so often that it gets old. You have to
change the tests too if you care about running them, which I do.

On Oct 28, 8:15 am, "removed_email_address@domain.invalid"
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
(Guest)
Good point.
But if you see/find a way of making the tasts and so on compaterable
with e-mail as well as normal login.
I can give you access.
What is your github name so I can ad you?