Forum: RSpec Cucumber hoe dependency

Ashley M. (Guest)
Hi

Am I right thinking that Cucumber needs hoe, but it's not an explicit
gem dependency?  If so, how come?

Thanks
Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://aviewfromafar.net/
> Hi
>
> Am I right thinking that Cucumber needs hoe, but it's not an explicit gem
> dependency?  If so, how come?

It only needs hoe if you're developing/extending cucumber itself. If
you're just using it, you don't need hoe.

It should probably be listed as a developer dep for rubygems >= 1.2.
Aslak Hellesøy (Guest)
On 25. okt.. 2008, at 13.30, Ashley M.

> Hi
>
> Am I right thinking that Cucumber needs hoe, but it's not an
> explicit gem dependency?  If so, how come?

You need hoe to develop on Cucumber, but not to use it.
Ashley M. (Guest)
On Oct 25, 2008, at 3:54 pm, Aslak Hellesøy wrote:

> You need hoe to develop on Cucumber, but not to use it.

Ah ok.  I've had Cucumber complain about hoe been missing when I was
just using it like a normal user.  Not sure what I was doing now, I
just installed hoe and carried on...

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://aviewfromafar.net/

> On Oct 25, 2008, at 3:54 pm, Aslak Hellesøy wrote:
>
>> You need hoe to develop on Cucumber, but not to use it.
>
> Ah ok.  I've had Cucumber complain about hoe been missing when I was
> just using it like a normal user.  Not sure what I was doing now, I
> just installed hoe and carried on...

That means you have discovered a bug. Or maybe some other gem needs it.
Ashley M. (Guest)
On Oct 25, 2008, at 7:48 pm, Aslak Hellesøy wrote:

> That means you have discovered a bug. Or maybe some other gem needs
> it.

Sometime soon I'll dig hoe out of my system (ho, ho*), and see if it
still complains...

Ashley

* oh dear, infinitely recursive joke, and a really bad one too

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://aviewfromafar.net/