Forum: Ruby on Rails MissingSourceFile in LookController#index

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Khaled mahmud K. (Guest)
on 2008-10-25 07:21
Attachment: problem.jpg (0 Bytes)
Hi Friends,

I am facing a problem, when I run a simple Ruby program on my browser,
it shows me an error like "MissingSourceFile in LookController#index".
Infect, I made a controller named "Look". When I type
"http://localhost:3000/look" in the address bar of a brower, it shows
the above error. I attached the snapshot of the error.

Please help me. I can not go forward with the Ruby on Rails for having
such problem.

Thanks in advance

Roni
Frederick C. (Guest)
on 2008-10-25 18:42
(Received via mailing list)
On 25 Oct 2008, at 04:21, Khaled mahmud Khaled wrote:

>
> Hi Friends,
>
> I am facing a problem, when I run a simple Ruby program on my browser,
> it shows me an error like "MissingSourceFile in LookController#index".
> Infect, I made a controller named "Look".
  Read on a little more - it's telling you that it couldn't load
sqlite3. You need to install the sqlite3-ruby gem (you can probably
find more detailed instructions with a quick google)

Fred
Khaled mahmud K. (Guest)
on 2008-10-26 12:34
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 25 Oct 2008, at 04:21, Khaled mahmud Khaled wrote:
>
>>
>> Hi Friends,
>>
>> I am facing a problem, when I run a simple Ruby program on my browser,
>> it shows me an error like "MissingSourceFile in LookController#index".
>> Infect, I made a controller named "Look".
>   Read on a little more - it's telling you that it couldn't load
> sqlite3. You need to install the sqlite3-ruby gem (you can probably
> find more detailed instructions with a quick google)
>
> Fred

Thanks Fred. But I got stuck because of the following problem:

C:\>gem install sqlite3-ruby --version 1.2.4
Building native extensions. This could take a while…
ERROR: Error installing sqlite3-ruby:
ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

c:/ruby/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby
checking for fdatasync() in rt.lib… no
checking for sqlite3.h… no

nmake
‘nmake’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Gem files will remain installed in
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4 for inspection.
Results logged to
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4/ext/sqlite3_
api/gem_make.out

after that I went to that specific folder
("C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems") and saw there is already a folder
named "sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4"  installed.

Please help me. I am very much interested to work with Ruby on Rails but
I could not work with that because of that problem.

Thanks in advance.

Roni
Frederick C. (Guest)
on 2008-10-26 14:49
(Received via mailing list)
On 26 Oct 2008, at 10:34, Khaled mahmud Khaled wrote:

>>> LookController#index".
> Building native extensions. This could take a while…
> ERROR: Error installing sqlite3-ruby:
> ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>

You need one of the prebuilt versions. I don't have windows so i'd
search around for some more detailed instructions
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.