Forum: RSpec Autospec running over and over, without changes?

Scott B. (Guest)
Hi all;

I have several Rails projects where RSpec is working correctly, and
one in which it is not. Running autospec continuously reloads all
files, running my tests over and over again, without making any
changes. Each time it reloads, it runs a smaller subset of specs until
it settles at around 24.

Using Rspec 1.1.9, Rspec-Rails 1.1.9, ZenTest 3.11.0

This happened to me a while back, was fixed in ZenTest. I can't figure
out why this only affects one project.

Any ideas what's going on here? Thanks,

Scott
David C. (Guest)
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Scott B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> why this only affects one project.
>
> Any ideas what's going on here? Thanks,

Do you have a .autotest file in that project?
Peter F. (Guest)
> Do you have a .autotest file in that project?

I have same issue without .autotest file.

Any further ideas ?

James B. (Guest)
on 2008-11-26 23:25
Scott B. wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I have several Rails projects where RSpec is working correctly, and
> one in which it is not. Running autospec continuously reloads all
> files, running my tests over and over again, without making any
> changes. Each time it reloads, it runs a smaller subset of specs until
> it settles at around 24.
>
> Using Rspec 1.1.9, Rspec-Rails 1.1.9, ZenTest 3.11.0
>
> This happened to me a while back, was fixed in ZenTest. I can't figure
> out why this only affects one project.
>
> Any ideas what's going on here? Thanks,
>
> Scott

You do not have, perchance, files being created in some place, like
./tmp, by the tests themselves and have not excluded autotest from
watching that directory?