Forum: GNU Radio installation problem

Achilleas A. (Guest)

I am trying to install gnuradio on a Linux system for which I am not the
owner (university-wide computing at U of Michigan).
Since they only have swig 1.3.29 installed, I installed myself 1.3.36 on
my space (at least as a temporary solution). I also added the path to
the new swig in my path variable and
verified that

> which swig
/afs/engin.umich.edu/u/a/n/anastas/mylocal/bin/swig

and

> swig -version
SWIG Version 1.3.36

Fine so far.

Now when I run "configure" in gnuradio it does not recognize the new
swig, but the old one...
In addition, after "configure" is run, when I do "which swig" I get the
old version not the one I installed and similarly "swig -version" gives
me the old one (ie, the one originally installed in the system).

I could circumvent this problem by changing the configure script by
adding

$SWIG =

right before the part of the code that checks for the swig version.
Now "configure" works fine.

However i would like to know what I am doing
wrong in the first place.

Thanks
Achilleas
Eric B. (Guest)
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:31:19AM -0400, Achilleas A.
wrote:
> /afs/engin.umich.edu/u/a/n/anastas/mylocal/bin/swig
>
> and
>
>> swig -version
> SWIG Version 1.3.36
>
> Fine so far.

Be sure your PATH is set correctly.

> Now when I run "configure" in gnuradio it does not recognize the new
> swig, but the old one...
> In addition, after "configure" is run, when I do "which swig" I get the
> old version not the one I installed and similarly "swig -version" gives
> me the old one (ie, the one originally installed in the system).

I suspect you were doing this in a different window then when you
first typed 'which swig'

Eric
Umair N. (Guest)

Did you uninstall the older version with make uninstall?