Forum: GNU Radio US Spectrum Allocation Details

isaacgerg (Guest)
  I am looking for a detailed spectrum allocation guide for the US.  Im
not
talking the default "US Frequency Allocations Chart."  but something
more
like a book or guide.  Does such a thing exist?

Thanks in advance,
Isaac
isaacgerg wrote:
>   I am looking for a detailed spectrum allocation guide for the US.  Im not
> talking the default "US Frequency Allocations Chart."  but something more
> like a book or guide.  Does such a thing exist?

That data is scattered all over the place at the moment, and we've had
to spend
a large amount of time digesting and marking it up.  We'll post our code
and
tidy XML representations of the data soon.  Generally speaking, the
sources you
would have to dig through to get the full details of US spectrum
allocations are:

1) The FCC regulations, 47 CFR, contain band allocations, power
restrictions, etc.:

    http://www.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/cfrassemble.cgi?...

2) Additional information on federal band allocations can be found in
the NTIA
Redbook:

    http://www.ntia.doc.gov/osmhome/redbook/redbook.html

3) Most allocations to non-Federal organizations are in the FCC
Universal
Licensing System.  You can download the entire contents of this database
as
delimited text files, but they're an amazingly awful mess and require
substantial pre-processing.

    http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=transact...

4) AM, FM, and TV broadcast stations are in the FCC CDBS, which is not
nearly
as bad as ULS:

    http://www.fcc.gov/mb/databases/cdbs/

5) Shortwave broadcast stations are on the FCC HF Broadcasting site:

    http://www.fcc.gov/ib/sand/neg/hf_web/seasons.html

6) Federal allocations are listed in the NTIA Government Master File.
This is
a classified database, but we managed to get half of the GMF records in
a FOIA
request last summer, and we'll be requesting an updated and expanded
version.

7) Some additional information is available in the FCC IBFS, COALS, and
Equipment Authorization databases, and in various DISA JSC databases.