Forum: JRuby Is It Possible to Override a java method in JRuby code?

Paul F. (Guest)
Is It Possible to Override a java method in JRuby code?
Googling the subject returns a few comments infering that it is not
possible without doing something with byte code :-(

Thanks
Paul F.

Paul F. wrote:
> Is It Possible to Override a java method in JRuby code? Googling the
> subject returns a few comments infering that it is not possible without
> doing something with byte code :-(

If you are extending an existing Java type, yes. But not when reopening
an existing type, since Java types aren't open (we just make it "appear"
to be modified from Ruby).

- Charlie