Forum: Ruby What is Ruby equivalent of Python's ' if __name__ == "__main__" '

Kenneth McDonald (Guest)
In Python, I can use the test indicated in the subject line to
determine if a file is being executed directly, as opposed to being
loaded indirectly as the result of the execution of another file. I
haven't been able to find the Ruby equivalent of this, and would be
most grateful is someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Ken McDonald
Stephen D. Jr (Guest)
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Kenneth McDonald <

> In Python, I can use the test indicated in the subject line to determine if
> a file is being executed directly, as opposed to being loaded indirectly as
> the result of the execution of another file. I haven't been able to find the
> Ruby equivalent of this, and would be most grateful is someone could point
> me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken McDonald

if $PROGRAM_NAME == __FILE__
Jesús Gabriel y Galán (Guest)
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Kenneth McDonald
> In Python, I can use the test indicated in the subject line to determine if
> a file is being executed directly, as opposed to being loaded indirectly as
> the result of the execution of another file. I haven't been able to find the
> Ruby equivalent of this, and would be most grateful is someone could point
> me in the right direction.

if __FILE__ == $0

end

Jesus.