Forum: Ruby on Rails RoR on Vista 64bit

Christoph T. (Guest)
Hi all

I've got my development-environment on a vista Notebook. Now I'd like
to switch to 64bit Vista because of the bad RAM-Support of the 32bit
Vista.
My question:
Is RoR running on vista 64bit?

Thanks for your answers!

Regards
Christoph
(Guest)
Vista64 bit, can run 32bit programs.
So there should not be any problems.
But last time I tried Vista64 and RoR, it was very slow, when starting
my app.

regards
svend
Matt S. (Guest)
on 2008-10-23 17:03
Hi there.

I had absolutely no problems.

I just installed exactly what I had running on the 32bit version & all
went smoothly.

rgds.
- matt.

Christoph Thommen wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've got my development-environment on a vista Notebook. Now I'd like
> to switch to 64bit Vista because of the bad RAM-Support of the 32bit
> Vista.
> My question:
> Is RoR running on vista 64bit?
>
> Thanks for your answers!
>
> Regards
> Christoph
(Guest)
Matt,
Once in awhile when I'm feeling 'sassy' I write a rebutal to the many
posts bashing Windows and proponing Apple.
I'm not a Bill Gates disciple but don't want to pay the 'Apple Tax'
for my computer.
Kathleen

On Oct 23, 7:03 am, Matt S.1 <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>