Forum: Ruby on Rails Secure static html pages with Mongrel cluster on apache in

Nara S. (Guest)
on 2008-10-21 13:09
I have security issue with Apache and mongrel cluster and Ruby on Rails.

My Application is in ruby on rails and deployed using apache and mongrel
cluster.

I am able to secure the .rhtml files using filters.

I have few static html files, which I placed, in one of the sub folders
of Public folder.

I am giving link from my .rhtml files to static .html file.

I want to access the static html only  If the user login to my
application and browse the static html files.

I want to restrict the user access when the user tries to access the
static html directly by typing the URL

 So how can I secure my static html pages in ROR with Mongrel cluster on
Windows with Apache Server?

Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Andrew P. (Guest)
Nara Simha wrote:

> I want to restrict the user access when the user tries to access the
> static html directly by typing the URL

The way I do this is serve the files from rails using send_file.