Forum: Ruby on Rails WEBrick error - exceeded the maximum permissible length

Katsuo I. (Guest)
on 2008-10-21 10:25
Hi I have the following error on the browser. Can anyone tell me how to
change the configuration on Webrick to solve this problem?

 Secure Connection Failed
 An error occurred during a connection to localhost:3000
 error :-12263 SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG "SSL received a record
 that exceeded the maximum permissible length."

Thanks
Andrew P. (Guest)
Katsuo I. wrote:
> Hi I have the following error on the browser. Can anyone tell me how to
> change the configuration on Webrick to solve this problem?
>
>  Secure Connection Failed
>  An error occurred during a connection to localhost:3000
>  error :-12263 SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG "SSL received a record
>  that exceeded the maximum permissible length."

Did you do https://localhost:3000 when you meant http://localhost:3000
?
Katsuo I. (Guest)
on 2008-10-21 15:36
Yes, that was it. Thank you very much. Got to be more careful.