Forum: Ruby on Rails group by datepart(day,created_at)...

Thomas S. (Guest)
What is the best way in rails, to so something similar to this sql:

select count(*),datepart(month,created_at)
+"/"+datepart(day,created_at) from whatever
group by datepart(month,created_at)+"/"+datepart(day,created_at)

Thoughts?  I mean, besides doing it via strict sql...
Thomas S. (Guest)
Had a bit of insight with the "month(created_at)" command, however, I
don't seem to be allowed to use that command from within my models.
August L. (Guest)
on 2008-10-21 17:00
Thomas Sullivan wrote:
> What is the best way in rails, to so something similar to this sql:
>
> select count(*),datepart(month,created_at)
> +"/"+datepart(day,created_at) from whatever
> group by datepart(month,created_at)+"/"+datepart(day,created_at)
>

> Thoughts?  I mean, besides doing it via strict sql...

Perhaps you can do something like this:

http://railscasts.com/episodes/29-group-by-month
Thomas S. (Guest)
Ahh yes, that'll probably do it. (I will try it soon.)

I guess my days using Sybase Transact are a bit different in
application to SQLite3. :P

On Oct 21, 9:00 am, August L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>