Forum: Radiant CMS Is RadiantCMS.org down?

Nate T. (Guest)
I went to the site to try and find the link to the SnS extension and all
got when I clicked on the documentation link was a server error (not
responding or somtehing). Anybody know what's going on? Or could
somebody
maybe give me the proper link for the SnS extension? I cannot find it.

Thanks,

Nate
Mohit S. (Guest)
Nate T. wrote:
> I went to the site to try and find the link to the SnS extension and all I
> got when I clicked on the documentation link was a server error (not
> responding or somtehing). Anybody know what's going on? Or could somebody
> maybe give me the proper link for the SnS extension? I cannot find it.

Nate, works for me.

Did you try Google for SnS?  I found these:
SnS proper:
http://github.com/MrGossett/radiant_sns_extension/...
SnS Minifier:
http://github.com/MrGossett/radiant_sns_minifier_e...
SnS SASS filter:
http://github.com/MrGossett/radiant_sns_sass_filte...

Cheers,
Mohit.
10/21/2008 | 2:35 AM.
Nate T. (Guest)
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Mohit S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Did you try Google for SnS?  I found these:
> SnS proper:
> http://github.com/MrGossett/radiant_sns_extension/...
> SnS Minifier:
> http://github.com/MrGossett/radiant_sns_minifier_e...
> SnS SASS filter:
> http://github.com/MrGossett/radiant_sns_sass_filte...

Yes, I did try google but I couldn't find the official svn repo for it.
As
far as I know, MrGossett's versions are out of date. There was some
discussion a few weeks back about it. I'll do a little more digging.

~Nate
Mohit S. (Guest)
Nate T. wrote:
>         could somebody
>     SnS SASS filter:
>     http://github.com/MrGossett/radiant_sns_sass_filte...
>

> Yes, I did try google but I couldn't find the official svn repo for
> it. As far as I know, MrGossett's versions are out of date. There was
> some discussion a few weeks back about it. I'll do a little more digging.

Would these help?

Styles ‘n Scripts (svn
<https://secure.svnrepository.com/s_swanki/open/rad...,
readme
<https://secure.svnrepository.com/s_swanki/open/rad...)
    Rather than manage your CSS and JS files as Pages, they can now be
    first class citizens in Radiant. The SnS extension provides an ideal
    caching mechanism for performance, a better UI for these files (why
    do CSS or JS files need a title or breadcrumb, or – better still – a
    blank Layout?) and it lets other Extensions that deal with Pages
    just work better (no more searching pages and turning up
    stylesheets). Plus, there’s a set of tags to help your users access
    these files and create valid markup using them.

These refer to Revision 217:
SVN:
https://secure.svnrepository.com/s_swanki/open/rad...
Readme:
https://secure.svnrepository.com/s_swanki/open/rad...

I really don't know which is the earlier or later :(

Cheers,
Mohit.
10/21/2008 | 2:46 AM.

Cheers,
Mohit.
10/21/2008 | 2:45 AM.
Jim G. (Guest)
On Oct 20, 2008, at 2:42 PM, Nate T. wrote:

>> http://github.com/MrGossett/radiant_sns_sass_filte...
>>

> Yes, I did try google but I couldn't find the official svn repo for
> it. As
> far as I know, MrGossett's versions are out of date. There was some
> discussion a few weeks back about it. I'll do a little more digging.

The official repository was just updated a day ago

http://github.com/SwankInnovations/

It's likely that the MrGossett repo will become defunct.
I encourage anyone with extensions to list them at
http://ext.radiantcms.org/
  (this means you Chris P.!)

The Extension Registry is likely to see some development over the
upcoming sprint weekend (this weekend).

There will be more about it on the Radiant blog in the future. Details
about it were posted at
http://radiantcms.org/blog/archives/2008/09/09/ins...
  and if you've upgraded from a version prior to 0.6.9, see the note
at the end of that blog post.

-Jim
Joost de Niet (Guest)

I Have a list as follows:

<r:find url="/">

<ul>
     <r:children:each>
       <li><r:link /></li>
     </r:children:each>
  </ul>

</r:find>

Now on the last found child I want to specify a custom css DIV tag.
How to do this ?

Thanks for your help,

Joost
Nate T. (Guest)
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Jim G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> The official repository was just updated a day ago
>
> http://github.com/SwankInnovations/

Man, you have got to frickin' be kidding me. I just added the svn
version.
[sigh] I do dread unloading extensions. I never know if someething
sinister
is lurking below the surface waiting for the right moment to bite me.

Thanks for the update though.

~Nate
Jim G. (Guest)
On Oct 20, 2008, at 3:13 PM, Nate T. wrote:

> Thanks for the update though.

I just saw it myself, so it was never officially announced on the list.

But maybe publicly calling out Chris will light a fire :-)
Sean C. (Guest)
If you know the length of the number of children, this is simple to do.
Say your root page has 5 children.  I'd change your snippet to look like
this:

<r:find url="/">
<ul>
  <r:children:each limit="4">
    <li><r:link /></li>
  </r:children:each>
  <r:children:last><li class="last"><r:link /></li></r:children:last>
</ul>
</r:find>

Otherwise, this is pretty simple to do with Prototype (give the <ul> an
ID like 'menu' or something):

$('menu').select('li').last().addClassName('last');

Sean
Joost de Niet (Guest)
Thank for this tip Sean!

I used the jquery equivalent ...

$("ul.menu li:last").addClass("last");

Cheers,

Joost
Chris P. (Guest)
Jim G. wrote:

> It's likely that the MrGossett repo will become defunct.
> I encourage anyone with extensions to list them at
> http://ext.radiantcms.org/ (this means you Chris P.!)

Doh!

Thanks for keeping people up to speed.  Also, apparently there was a
problem with GitHub today and my SnS extension was not cloning right.
They've since fixed it -- so if you've had problems, try it again!

And, you can also find me on the registry now.

-Chris
Chris P. (Guest)
Nate, I'm with you.  For all the crap I had to go through to get Git to
work right, I could've written 80 new extensions.  But they promise me
that it will make your whites whiter so I'm lookin forward to the
glory...

As for uninstalling,  SnS should be pretty painless but if you act
quickly before I update SnS on Github in the next few days, you should
be able to just delete your /vendor/extensions/sns/ directory and pour
in what comes out of github -- no uninstall, no de-migrations -- since
the versions will be the same and therefore the extension's code will be
identical.

And if you installed an older version of SnS (or you miss my update
window) and your version doesn't match the master branch on GitHub, I've
fully tagged my repo so you should be able to pull down a verbatim copy
of any version you already have.

Feel free to email me off-list if you have any challenges.

-Chris