Forum: GNU Radio Strange result with trondeaus/dbs

Per Z. (Guest)
Hi All,

As I mentioned erlier I receive a signal only on the A-side when running
the
trondeaus/dbs code on my flexrf1800. I just tried running on another
USRP
also equipped with flexrf1800 (using the same PC and the same input
signal).
For this USRP there is no input signal on the A side nor on the B side.

????

BR/
Per
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 7:12 AM, Per Z.

> As I mentioned erlier I receive a signal only on the A-side when running the
> trondeaus/dbs code on my flexrf1800. I just tried running on another USRP
> also equipped with flexrf1800 (using the same PC and the same input signal).
> For this USRP there is no input signal on the A side nor on the B side.

This code has been migrated to a a more current "feature branch", with
some further updates.  Can you try out:

http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/branches/features/cppdb

--
Johnathan C.
Corgan Enterprises LLC
> > As I mentioned erlier I receive a signal only on the A-side when
> http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/branches/features/cppdb
>
> --
> Johnathan C.
> Corgan Enterprises LLC
> http://corganenterprises.com/

I have now tried the cppdb code. The results are the same as for the
trondeaus/dbs code. For the single flexrf1800 unit for which it works,
the
level is much lower than using usrp_rx_cfile.py. It may also be noticed
that
when running the usrp_rx_cfile.py code the USRP fan speeds up at the end
of
the transfer while this is not the case for my program based on cppdb
(do I
have to do some explicit shutdown of something ?).

I have made a daughterboard code of my own which gives similar (but not
identical) results to usrp_rx_cfile.py. I have spent two days comparing
the
trondeaus/dbs code with mine. But I just can't find where they differ.

BR/
Per