Forum: Ruby require sqlite?

Jamal S. (Guest)

I wonder why I cannot require sqlite in my ruby app.

$ ruby app.rb
app.rb:3:in `require': no such file to load -- sqlite3 (LoadError) from
app.rb:3

But it's working in the console? that's weird!

>> require 'sqlite3'
=> true

What can be the problem?

Thanks :)
Lars C. (Guest)
On Oct 20, 9:07 am, Jamal S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I wonder why I cannot require sqlite in my ruby app.
> What can be the problem?

I guess you have it installed as a gem. Try either:

require 'rubygems'
require 'sqlite3'

or the RUBYOPT environment set:

$ export RUBYOPT=-rubygems
Bernie L. (Guest)
on 2008-10-20 11:33
Jamal S. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder why I cannot require sqlite in my ruby app.
>
> $ ruby app.rb
> app.rb:3:in `require': no such file to load -- sqlite3 (LoadError) from
> app.rb:3
>
> But it's working in the console? that's weird!
>
>>> require 'sqlite3'
> => true
>
> What can be the problem?
>
> Thanks :)

I hope this can solve your problem...
http://sqlite-ruby.rubyforge.org/

Good day,
Bernie Loriaga
Jamal S. (Guest)
on 2008-10-20 13:08
Lars C. wrote:
> On Oct 20, 9:07�am, Jamal S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> I wonder why I cannot require sqlite in my ruby app.
>> What can be the problem?
>
> I guess you have it installed as a gem. Try either:
>
> require 'rubygems'
> require 'sqlite3'
>
> or the RUBYOPT environment set:
>
> $ export RUBYOPT=-rubygems