Forum: Ruby Emacs / rcodetools

Leon B. (Guest)
on 2008-10-20 01:13
Hi all,

I'm trying to get emacs running nicely all weekend. But I can't get
certain things to work.

I've installed rcodetools and tried to use it for tab-completion.
Using m-X rct-complete-symbol works just fine. But it doesn't work when
I try the tab-key or m-/

Does anyone have a working setup like this?

Thanks in advance!
Chris L. (Guest)
on 2008-10-20 02:43
> I've installed rcodetools and tried to use it for tab-completion.
> Using m-X rct-complete-symbol works just fine. But it doesn't work when
> I try the tab-key or m-/
>
> Does anyone have a working setup like this?

I have this following :
(define-key ruby-mode-map (kbd "C-/") 'rct-complete-symbol)

I use M-/ for hippie expand. I use C-/ combined with anything-rcodetools
to pop up a completion buffer in ruby mode.

Hope this helps,

Chris
Leon B. (Guest)
on 2008-10-20 16:48
Chris L. wrote:
>> I've installed rcodetools and tried to use it for tab-completion.
>> Using m-X rct-complete-symbol works just fine. But it doesn't work when
>> I try the tab-key or m-/
>>
>> Does anyone have a working setup like this?
>
> I have this following :
> (define-key ruby-mode-map (kbd "C-/") 'rct-complete-symbol)
>
> I use M-/ for hippie expand. I use C-/ combined with anything-rcodetools
> to pop up a completion buffer in ruby mode.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Chris

Thanks this works! Do you know if it's also possible to use this outside
the mini buffer? So it acts more like the usual tab completion?

This emacs stuff is hard to set up!
Leon B. (Guest)
on 2008-10-20 16:49
> Thanks this works! Do you know if it's also possible to use this outside
> the mini buffer? So it acts more like the usual tab completion?
>
> This emacs stuff is hard to set up!

OW wait, anything-rcodetools is what I want? I'll try to set that up.