Forum: Ruby Uncompress tar.gz

Kless (Guest)
Which is the best way to uncompress a 'tar.gz' file since Ruby?
Adam P. (Guest)
on 2008-10-18 22:14
Kless wrote:
> Which is the best way to uncompress a 'tar.gz' file since Ruby?

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but wouldn't that be

tar xvzf [filename]?
Adam P. (Guest)
on 2008-10-18 22:35
Kless wrote:
> Which is the best way to uncompress a 'tar.gz' file since Ruby?

The more I look at your message the more I suspect that you meant using
Ruby.

Check out this recipe at
http://my.safaribooksonline.com/0596523696/rubyckb... and
see if that helps.
Kless (Guest)
On 18 oct, 19:13, Adam P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Kless wrote:
> > Which is the best way to uncompress a 'tar.gz' file since Ruby?
>
> I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but wouldn't that be
>
> tar xvzf [filename]?

Better using Ruby:
Kless (Guest)
There is a great library, Facets [1], with many usefull methods and
that lets too compress/uncompress easily [2].

[1] http://facets.rubyforge.org/
[2] http://facets.rubyforge.org/quick/rdoc/more/classe...