Forum: Ruby Hiding default console window

Bartosz D. (Guest)
on 2008-10-18 14:25
I wrote simple Ruby console program that reads file, modifies it in way
that's not important now, and saves it back. It's called by other
program few hundred times, and every time console winodw appears, what
disturbs normal working. Is it possible to hide that window (or at least
make it to not be focused) without libs like GTK/Tk?

I already tried googling, but everytime I search "ruby windows", it
gives libs or installers for Windows :/
Heesob P. (Guest)
2008/10/18 -- -- <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> I wrote simple Ruby console program that reads file, modifies it in way
> that's not important now, and saves it back. It's called by other
> program few hundred times, and every time console winodw appears, what
> disturbs normal working. Is it possible to hide that window (or at least
> make it to not be focused) without libs like GTK/Tk?
>
> I already tried googling, but everytime I search "ruby windows", it
> gives libs or installers for Windows :/
You should use rubyw.exe in that case.

Refer to http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/...

Regards,

Park H.
Bartosz D. (Guest)
on 2008-10-18 17:24
Thank you!
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
Heesob P. wrote:

> Refer to http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/...
>
> Regards,
>
> Park H.

and if you're using the 1-click ruby, then .rbw is already associated
with rubyw.exe.