Forum: Ruby on Rails Convert Illustrator file to HTML or CSS for programming on Ruby?

carladeluxe (Guest)
HI there,

My graphic designer and my programmer are having a communications
snafu, and it's my job to translate.

The programmer is saying that if there's a simple conversion method to
take web page designs created in Illustrator and convert them to HTML
or CSS, it will save him about 50% of programming time.

This is good news for everyone, but how best does the conversion
happen?

Thanks for your consideration.

Carla
Michael G. (Guest)
on 2008-10-18 23:13
carladeluxe wrote:
> HI there,
>
> My graphic designer and my programmer are having a communications
> snafu, and it's my job to translate.
>
> The programmer is saying that if there's a simple conversion method to
> take web page designs created in Illustrator and convert them to HTML
> or CSS, it will save him about 50% of programming time.
>
> This is good news for everyone, but how best does the conversion
> happen?
>
> Thanks for your consideration.

I don't know of any tool that provides this...

Isn't this partially what you're paying your programmer to do anyways?

Michael G.
Alex B. (Guest)
Export it to Photoshop as a PSD, slice it up from there, then have
your programmer clean up the output and add the dynamic content.
Mikel L. (Guest)
On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Alex <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Export it to Photoshop as a PSD, slice it up from there, then have
> your programmer clean up the output and add the dynamic content.

Just make sure you export as CSS.  The default (at least in CS 3 or
below) is to export as a tables based layout.

Mikel
Carla DeLuca (Guest)
thank you
Andrew B. (Guest)
check out this place: http://www.xhtmlized.com/
there are other companies that do the same thing, unfortunately this
is the only name i can remember right now.