Forum: JRuby Install native extension

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Marcin Piórkowski (Guest)
on 2008-10-16 18:53
(Received via mailing list)
Hi everyone,

I am new in JRuby. Sorry for my mistake but I want some advice. Is there
any
possible way to install native extensions in JRuby? Last time I had
tried to
install ruby numerical library called 'rnum'. When I execute 'ruby
extconf.rb' I get an error: "can't find header files for ruby".


I am working on:
Windows XP, JRuby 1.1.4

Thanks for help :)

Regards,
Marcin Piórkowski
Hirotsugu A. (Guest)
on 2008-10-16 21:22
(Received via mailing list)
On Oct 16, 2008, at 7:27 AM, Marcin Piórkowski wrote:

> Windows XP, JRuby 1.1.4
>
> Thanks for help :)
>
> Regards,
> Marcin Piórkowski

It's not supported (yet).  http://jruby.codehaus.org/Limitations
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
Charles Oliver N. (Guest)
on 2008-10-16 21:37
(Received via mailing list)
Marcin Piórkowski wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am new in JRuby. Sorry for my mistake but I want some advice. Is there
> any possible way to install native extensions in JRuby? Last time I had
> tried to install ruby numerical library called 'rnum'. When I execute
> 'ruby extconf.rb' I get an error: "can't find header files for ruby".

JRuby does not support native extensions, unfortunately, because they
depend on specific memory and runtime details specific to the C
implementation. Usually you can find an equivalent library on the JVM
that will work well as a replacement. What does rnum do?

- Charlie


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
Marcin Piórkowski (Guest)
on 2008-10-16 23:00
(Received via mailing list)
'rnum'  Ruby Numerical Library is is a linear algebra package using Blas
and
Lapack (http://rnum.rubyforge.org).

Thanks for answer. All I have to do is try using Jama or Colt package.

Marcin

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Charles Oliver N. <
removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> depend on specific memory and runtime details specific to the C
>   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>
>


--
Pozdrawiam
Marcin Piórkowski
Kom.: +48 506 606 648
http://www.piorkowski.in

"Jeżeli chcesz zmian, zacznij od siebie"
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.