Forum: Typo HEAD now running Rails 2.2

de Villamil Frédéric (Guest)
Hello list,

Thanks to Cyril M.'s great work, we've been able to migrate Typo
to Rails son to come 2.2, which means 2 things :

First, Typo still doesn't support Rails 2.1 and it won't. Typo 5.1.3
runs Rails 2.0.2, the next release will support either an embedded
frozen Rails or the official release, according to the time it will
take to be released.

Second, and maybe the most important, trunk is now running Rails 2.2.
So if you're running HEAD, be careful because we don't know what may
happen to you. It's supposed to work and tests are now passing, but we
don't know yet what can happen.

Cheers,
Frédéric && Cyril

--
Frédéric de Villamil
removed_email_address@domain.invalid                        tel: +33 (0)6 62 19
> Second, and maybe the most important, trunk is now running Rails 2.2. So if
> you're running HEAD, be careful because we don't know what may happen to
> you. It's supposed to work and tests are now passing, but we don't know yet
> what can happen.

And third, and maybe even more important, maybe it now runs on the
Ruby 1.8.7 that my distribution ships (Debian lenny/sid)?

Ben
de Villamil Frédéric (Guest)
Le 16 oct. 08 à 18:40, Ben Armstrong a écrit :

> And third, and maybe even more important, maybe it now runs on the
> Ruby 1.8.7 that my distribution ships (Debian lenny/sid)?
>
> Ben

I might upgrade my Ruby version to test this, don't know if Ruby 1.8.7
is rails compatble with Rails 2.2 yet. Will test this.

--
Frédéric de Villamil
removed_email_address@domain.invalid                        tel: +33 (0)6 62 19
1337
http://t37.net                       Typo : http://typosphere.org
Jaroslaw Z. (Guest)
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 1:45 PM, de Villamil Frédéric

>> And third, and maybe even more important, maybe it now runs on the
>> Ruby 1.8.7 that my distribution ships (Debian lenny/sid)?
>>
> I might upgrade my Ruby version to test this, don't know if Ruby 1.8.7 is
> rails compatble with Rails 2.2 yet. Will test this.

Ruby 1.8.7 is a joke. Do not use it. It is very slow and is not
compatible with 1.8.6. The best CRuby is RubyEnterprise.

BTW, is Typo able to work with JRuby? The latest JRuby is faster than
Ruby 1.9 or Python.