Forum: GNU Radio USRP connected during gnuradio installation

Joreen T. (Guest)

Would like to check, if the USRP is needed to be connected to the laptop
during the installation of gnuradio on fedora 9?

Regards,
Joreen
Mattias K. (Guest)

When I installed gnuradio, I didn't have a usrp, but I followed the
instructions in the wiki, and when I plugged it in it worked... I guess
the short answer is: no. =)

Hope it works out for you!
BR
Mattias K.
Patrick S. (Guest)
Joreen T. wrote am 2008-10-16 12:27:
> Hi,
>
> Would like to check, if the USRP is needed to be connected to the laptop
> during the installation of gnuradio on fedora 9?

No, like you don't need a USB stick to install a USB storage driver.
GNU Radio does not necessarily need an USRP, although it has lot of code
written especially for the USRP.
In fact you don't even need a RF interface to do signal processing, and
you can use a lots of different hardware for input and output, including
your soundcard and hardware supported by Comedi[1]

Patrick
[1] http://www.comedi.org/
Patrick S. <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>