Forum: Ruby Performance metrics

barjunk (Guest)
Someone that likes perl showed this to me the other day.

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.ph...

This seems awfully suspicious to me...but I haven't a real clue if
these are reasonable benchmark tests.

Mike B.
Jano S. (Guest)
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 08:34, barjunk <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Someone that likes perl showed this to me the other day.
>
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.ph...
>
> This seems awfully suspicious to me...but I haven't a real clue if
> these are reasonable benchmark tests.

Search the archive (http://www.google.sk/search?q=ruby-talk+shootout).
It has been discussed dozen times.
barjunk (Guest)
On Oct 16, 3:45 am, Jano S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 08:34, barjunk <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > Someone that likes perl showed this to me the other day.
>
> >http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.ph......
>
> > This seems awfully suspicious to me...but I haven't a real clue if
> > these are reasonable benchmark tests.
>
> Search the archive (http://www.google.sk/search?q=ruby-talk+shootout).
> It has been discussed dozen times.

Thanks for the link.

So then the data is accurate.  OK.  I don't use Ruby because its the
fastest and most memory efficient anyway.

Mike B.