Forum: GNU Radio Are 64-bit machines a concern for GNUradio installation?

JUAN LARA AMBEL (Guest)
Hello,

after successfully playing around for a while with USRP and GNU (amazing
tools) and developing some modules by my own, now I've moved to
a more powerful PC: a 64-bit Quad Core machine. But now I cannot install
properly GNUradio and when trying to build e.g the BBN patches just
prints out:
"*** No rule to make target `/swig/gnuradio.i', needed by `bbn.cc'.
Stop."

This didn't happen before. I believe having followed all the
installation rules and I'm still puzzled about the reason behind. Now I
suspect about whether
this has something to do with the fact of running GNUradio on top of a
64-bit machine.

So, my question is: there some specific installation/ configuration
option to be followed for GNUradio in Linux / 64-bits computers?

Might someone that had similar problems give me some advice on this?

Many thanks,

Ps. my system coordinates are: Linux Kaleidoscope 2.6.24-19-generic #1
SMP Wed Aug 20 17:53:40 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

- Juan
Eric B. (Guest)
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:49:41PM +0200, JUAN LARA AMBEL wrote:
> Hello,

> after successfully playing around for a while with USRP and GNU
> (amazing tools) and developing some modules by my own, now I've
> moved to a more powerful PC: a 64-bit Quad Core machine. But now I
> cannot install properly GNUradio and when trying to build e.g the
> BBN patches just prints out: "*** No rule to make target
> `/swig/gnuradio.i', needed by `bbn.cc'.  Stop."

This isn't a 64-bit problem, but a most likely a change required to
get out-of-tree builds updated to build with recent versions of the
trunk.

Most likely what's needed is something like this in the Makefile.common:

  SWIGGRFLAGS = -I$(GNURADIO_CORE_INCLUDEDIR)/swig
-I$(GNURADIO_CORE_INCLUDEDIR) $(GNURADIO_CORE_CPPFLAGS)

The bottom line is that swig needs to have the correct set of -I's
passed to it on the command line.

Eric
JUAN LARA AMBEL (Guest)
You were right. At the end was just only a problem of the compiler being
not able to find the
right files. I finally hard-coded in Makefile.common the right gnuradio
include folders that the BBN
code was asking for. Now it compiled and BBN 802.11 code works nice over
Gnuradio again.

Thanks.