Forum: RSpec extend Cucumber's arguments

aidy lewis (Guest)

We would like to pass in some additional command line arguments into
Cucumber (for example to specify which browser to run the tests with).

Is there any way to extend Cucumber's arguments, or could you suggest
an alternative way of going about this?

Aid
aslak hellesoy (Guest)
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:26 PM, aidy lewis
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We would like to pass in some additional command line arguments into
> Cucumber (for example to specify which browser to run the tests with).
>
> Is there any way to extend Cucumber's arguments, or could you suggest
> an alternative way of going about this?

I recommend you use environment variables for this.
ENV['BROWSER_NAME'] in Ruby and BROWSER_NAME=firefox on the command
line.

Aslak