Forum: Mongrel Problems with Mongrel > 1.1 and OS X

Anthony G. (Guest)
I've having issues with some part of Mongrel start up process stalling
with
versions of Mongrel greater than 1.1

Using Mongrel Gem version 1.1 both

./script/server  and ./merb

boot fine

But from gem version 1.1.1 both processes stall immediately

I can get it to continue by attempting to force quit with CTRL -C

system info

Mac OS X 10.5.5
Ruby 1.8.7 (2008-05-31 patchlevel 0) [i686-darwin9.5.0]

And

Mac OS X 10.5.5
Ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-darwin9.5.0]

Is there a way I can get further information of what is happening in the
boot up sequence to investigate further.

Thanks

--
Anthony G.
Client Side Developer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
stated.
reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Marc C. (Guest)
on 2009-02-06 17:35
Anthony G. wrote:
> But from gem version 1.1.1 both processes stall immediately
>
> I can get it to continue by attempting to force quit with CTRL -C
>
> system info
>
> Mac OS X 10.5.5
> Ruby 1.8.7 (2008-05-31 patchlevel 0) [i686-darwin9.5.0]
>
> And
>
> Mac OS X 10.5.5
> Ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-darwin9.5.0]

I'm noticing the exact same problem with Tiger (10.4) on a PPC.  If you
figured out the problem, I'd love to hear it.