Forum: GNU Radio force break to allow callbacks between work functions?

Brett L. Trotter (Guest)
I now am encountering a situation where my work function is consuming
all of the inputs trying to search for a match for a particular
condition and does so successfully when the parameters are correct for
the data it is receiving, but if it gets busy looking with the wrong
settings, the callbacks from the gui never make it through to update the
settings (watching printfs to verify). Is there a (VB/C#)
Application.DoEvents() equivalent here that makes work take a breather
long enough to accept another method call? Will mutexes somewhere help
this?
Eric B. (Guest)
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 06:50:17PM -0500, Brett L. Trotter wrote:
> I now am encountering a situation where my work function is consuming
> all of the inputs trying to search for a match for a particular
> condition and does so successfully when the parameters are correct for
> the data it is receiving, but if it gets busy looking with the wrong
> settings, the callbacks from the gui never make it through to update the
> settings (watching printfs to verify). Is there a (VB/C#)
> Application.DoEvents() equivalent here that makes work take a breather
> long enough to accept another method call? Will mutexes somewhere help this?

Is your block actually consuming input data or is it just spinning?
If it consumes input data and the input data comes at a fixed rate,
then it is effectively rate limited, and things should work out.  Is
the forecast method reasonable?  Perhaps your block and/or system
isn't fast enough to keep up with the input data rate.

Mutexes won't solve the problem you are describing.

Eric