Forum: Typo Twitter

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Bill McGonigle (Guest)
on 2008-10-15 02:01
(Received via mailing list)
Is anybody updating their Twitter feed automatically with Typo?

I've seen a few sites that will pose as intermediaries, backed on
trackback pings but I'm not real keen on handing them my password.
I'd probably be willing to put it in my typo config file though.

So, before I start hacking I thought I'd see if somebody's done it
already.

Thanks,
-Bill
Urban H. (Guest)
on 2008-10-15 11:54
(Received via mailing list)
Bill McGonigle wrote:
> Is anybody updating their Twitter feed automatically with Typo?
>
> I've seen a few sites that will pose as intermediaries, backed on
> trackback pings but I'm not real keen on handing them my password.  I'd
> probably be willing to put it in my typo config file though.
>
> So, before I start hacking I thought I'd see if somebody's done it already.

I just use the JavaScript/HTML provided by Twitter. It produces plain
HTML so it integrates fairly well into the layout. And of course there's
no need for a password, as your data is public anyway.

Urban
Scott L. (Guest)
on 2008-10-16 01:11
(Received via mailing list)
Bill McGonigle (Guest)
on 2008-10-20 21:25
(Received via mailing list)
On Oct 15, 2008, at 03:32, Urban H. wrote:

> Bill McGonigle wrote:
>> Is anybody updating their Twitter feed automatically with Typo?

> I just use the JavaScript/HTML provided by Twitter. It produces plain
> HTML so it integrates fairly well into the layout. And of course
> there's
> no need for a password, as your data is public anyway.

Yeah, I use that too, but what I want is the opposite of that.  I
want to update my Twitter feed when I post with Typo. e.g.

   "Bill just blogged about TITLE_GOES_HERE http://tinyurl.com/
foo_bar_baz"

-Bill
de Villamil Frédéric (Guest)
on 2008-10-21 01:41
(Received via mailing list)
Le 20 oct. 08 à 19:24, Bill McGonigle a écrit :

>
> Yeah, I use that too, but what I want is the opposite of that.  I
> want to update my Twitter feed when I post with Typo. e.g.
>
>  "Bill just blogged about TITLE_GOES_HERE http://tinyurl.com/foo_bar_baz
> "
>
> -Bill


<lazy mode>
Check the Twitter API, if it uses some basic XMLRPC, it will be a
piece of cake to do, just hack the ping functions to have it send a
message to twitter when posting. Otherwise, I'm using twittfeed
service for this
</lazy mode>

Oh, and spec lamentably fail on trunk for everything related to AWS,
it's due to the new implementation for rails 2.2. It's functionnal,
but I need to fix the remaining tests.
--
Frédéric de Villamil
removed_email_address@domain.invalid                        tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 
1337
http://t37.net                       Typo : http://typosphere.org
Joshua A. (Guest)
on 2008-10-21 02:10
I wrote a little plugin that automates the Tweet process when a new blog
post is created. I've been using it for my blog. It's not public yet,
but if you're interested, I can toss it onto github and you can use
it/hack it to fit your needs.

-- Josh
http://iammrjoshua.com

de Villamil Frédéric wrote:
> Le 20 oct. 08 � 19:24, Bill McGonigle a �crit :
>
>>
>> Yeah, I use that too, but what I want is the opposite of that.  I
>> want to update my Twitter feed when I post with Typo. e.g.
>>
>>  "Bill just blogged about TITLE_GOES_HERE http://tinyurl.com/foo_bar_baz
>> "
>>
>> -Bill
>
>
> <lazy mode>
> Check the Twitter API, if it uses some basic XMLRPC, it will be a
> piece of cake to do, just hack the ping functions to have it send a
> message to twitter when posting. Otherwise, I'm using twittfeed
> service for this
> </lazy mode>
>
> Oh, and spec lamentably fail on trunk for everything related to AWS,
> it's due to the new implementation for rails 2.2. It's functionnal,
> but I need to fix the remaining tests.
> --
> Fr�d�ric de Villamil
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid                        tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
> http://t37.net                       Typo : http://typosphere.org
Bill McGonigle (Guest)
on 2008-10-22 00:00
(Received via mailing list)
I need to either test yours for you or write my own, so mark me down
as interested! :)

Thanks,
-Bill
Bill McGonigle (Guest)
on 2008-11-19 19:30
(Received via mailing list)
Hi, Josh,

Just checking if you've had a chance to put this on github.

Thanks,
-Bill
Joshua A. (Guest)
on 2008-11-19 19:45
Should be on there in the next few days. By friday, for sure. I'll reply
here when it is.

-- Josh
http://iammrjoshua.com

Bill McGonigle wrote:
> Hi, Josh,
>
> Just checking if you've had a chance to put this on github.
>
> Thanks,
> -Bill
Joshua A. (Guest)
on 2008-11-26 11:03
Bill,

I'm sure you thought this would never happen, but here it is. It's
somewhat limited (in terms of functionality, documentation, and tests)
but it gets the job done.

Now that I have this on github, I'll be maintaining it often to make
sure it can take full advantage of what the Twitter API offers.

In the meantime, here it is:
http://github.com/joshnabbott/twitter/tree/master

Please let me know if you have any questions. I know the readme isn't as
informative as it could be.

-- Josh
http://iammrjoshua.com


Bill McGonigle wrote:
> Hi, Josh,
>
> Just checking if you've had a chance to put this on github.
>
> Thanks,
> -Bill
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.