Forum: Ruby Stray questions

Peter K. (Guest)

I've been googling and go through the forum, and I can't find the
answers so some stray questions.

A) If I have a render :partial is there a way to get rid of the trailing
newline?  <%- and -%> don't work.  Is the <br> an essential part of the
partial?

B) I have a set of relationships where A has_many Bs, each B belongs_to
A.  I am making the connection through the database, with ids that are
named after the tables, with an a_id in every one
a_id

et cetera

I have gotten this to work a dozen times, with no real problem, and it
works with the same object.  The only difference is that I add

But now, fairly late in the game, I am getting an error that says

uninitialized constant SpreadType::Abstractleg

there isn't anything objectionable in the source, but here are the
relevant parts.  I dont think I have a pluralization typo or something
strange:

People say that the mysql tables get kinda messy sometimes and that they
need to be reinitialized every once in a while.  Frankly, that kind of
talk scares me.  But what are the steps for reinitializing?

I am running on Debian Linux.

3. I also get a scary error when I try to install the ruby-gems
debugging package.  Should I just switch OSes?  What is the VERY BEST OS
for doing ruby work?
Peter K. (Guest)
on 2008-10-15 00:55
Sorry:  This belongs on teh Rails list, not the ruby list.

I'll post it there