Forum: Ruby on Rails link_to_remote

Shandy N. (Guest)
on 2008-10-14 21:25
I have a link_to_remote that I am hoping will be able to slide up and
down a particaular div, my issue is that I cannot get all the callbacks
to work together. Here is what I have:

<%= link_to_remote( 'S', :url => { :action => 'show_users',
   :letter => 'S', :company_id => x.primary_account_id},
   :update => @company_title.name,
   :before => 'new Effect.toggle(\'' + @company_title.name + '\',
\'slide\');',
   :complete => 'new Effect.toggle(\'' + @company_title.name + '\',
     \'slide\');') -%>

Which doesnt work at all. If I take out the :before it works. .
.somewhat, not the way that I want but works, none the less. How do you
combine all the callbacks into a single link_to_remote? I realize that I
am propbably missing {} somewhere, but I cannot find any good
documention on this anywhere. Thanks,

-S
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 14 Oct 2008, at 18:25, Shandy N. wrote:

> \'slide\');',
I think there's an extra ' in there.

:before => "new Effect.toggle('#{@company_title.name}','slide');",

is considerably easier to read. you should also be careful that the
comany name does have a ' in it (and be aware that not all characters
are legal in dom ids, so you could make the browser freak out.

Fred
Shandy N. (Guest)
on 2008-10-14 21:55
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 14 Oct 2008, at 18:25, Shandy N. wrote:
> :before => "new Effect.toggle('#{@company_title.name}','slide');",
> Fred

I changed it but it is still not working. When I look at the source I
see the Ajax for the OnComplete but not anything for the :before
callback.