Forum: RSpec Re: Cucumber: Migrating RSpec Story L isteners to Cucumber

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Thomas M. (Guest)
on 2008-10-14 12:06
(Received via mailing list)
No advice on that?

Should i open a ticket on Lighthouse?
I also would try to implement that...

Thanks,
Thomas

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: "Thomas M." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> Gesendet: 09.10.08 15:25:14
> An: rspec-users <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> Betreff: [rspec-users] Cucumber: Migrating RSpec Story Listeners to Cucumber

>
> rspec-users mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/rspec-users
>


_____________________________________________________________________
Der WEB.DE SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen!
http://smartsurfer.web.de/?mc=100071&distributioni...
aslak hellesoy (Guest)
on 2008-10-14 12:44
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Thomas M. 
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> No advice on that?
>
> Should i open a ticket on Lighthouse?

Please do.

> I also would try to implement that...
>

Great! Some suggestions:

I'd like to be able to do something like this:

After do
  # cucumber_scenario would return the Scenario instance
  # The cucumber_scenario method could be defined in a similar way to
#run_step,
  # see Executor#define_step_call_methods
  if cucumber_scenario.successful?
    take_screenshot(cucumber_scenario.id) # Each scenario should have
a unique id that can be used in e.g. file names.
  end
end

Aslak
Michael L. (Guest)
on 2008-10-14 19:31
(Received via mailing list)
Why use a cucumber_scenario method when the After method could just
pass it to the block?

Michael
aslak hellesoy (Guest)
on 2008-10-14 19:49
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Michael L. 
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Why use a cucumber_scenario method when the After method could just pass it
> to the block?
>

Good idea!
David C. (Guest)
on 2008-10-14 23:40
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 1:49 PM, aslak hellesoy
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Michael L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> 
wrote:
>> Why use a cucumber_scenario method when the After method could just pass it
>> to the block?
>
> Good idea!

Can the Before do the same? Then you could grab the name or whatever
before printing anything out.
Zach D. (Guest)
on 2008-10-14 23:53
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 3:39 PM, David C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
>
Based on Aslak's example and the content in the ticket and this thread
I think that is the intent. Although, mentioned in passing it as an
example in the After, Aslak's code exactly on the ticket showed only
passing the scenario through to the Before as a block argument.

The ticket has been updated, perhaps we should defer future
communication on this thread to the ticket?

--
Zach D.
http://www.continuousthinking.com
http://www.mutuallyhuman.com
aslak hellesoy (Guest)
on 2008-10-15 01:14
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Zach D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
>> before printing anything out.
>>
>
> Based on Aslak's example and the content in the ticket and this thread
> I think that is the intent. Although, mentioned in passing it as an
> example in the After, Aslak's code exactly on the ticket showed only
> passing the scenario through to the Before as a block argument.
>
> The ticket has been updated, perhaps we should defer future
> communication on this thread to the ticket?
>

Yes, let's
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.