Forum: NGINX Inserting a Request header before proxying

unknown (Guest)
I'd like to insert a custom HTTP header (eg: X-foobar) into a request
before doing a proxy_pass.

Is there any way to do this without changing the proxy module itself? I
read that there can be only one handler per request. Though my module
retruns NGX_DECLINED after doing its job, it doesn't seem to get
executed
first and proxy_pass seems to get invoked first.
Almir K. (Guest)
Arvind Jayaprakash (Guest)
How do I set dynamic values?
Igor S. (Guest)
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 02:43:04PM +0530, Arvind Jayaprakash wrote:

> How do I set dynamic values?

You module should define a variable. See map and geo modules as
examples.
Then you can use

   proxy_set_header  X-Foobar  $your_variable;