Forum: Ruby on Rails newbie help

Stefano B. (Guest)

I have a view, where I need to display some text and then after 5
seconds, redirect to an action automatically (sending one parameter
too).

Googling I've found only solutions for PHP and others, nothing for Ruby
on Rails.

How can I do in ROR ?

Many thanks in advance
Hassan S. (Guest)
On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Stefano B.

> I have a view, where I need to display some text and then after 5
> seconds, redirect to an action automatically (sending one parameter
> too).

Since this is client-side behavior, it has nothing to do with PHP, RoR
or any other platform. You can do this using either JavaScript or a
META tag.

For the latter, put something like this in the head of your layout:

  <%= @refresh %>

:: and something like this in your controller:

@refresh = '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5;url=/foo/param"/>'

:: with the appropriate values.

HTH!
Stefano B. (Guest)
on 2008-10-12 21:02
Hassan S. wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Stefano B.

> Since this is client-side behavior, it has nothing to do with PHP, RoR
> or any other platform. You can do this using either JavaScript or a
> META tag.
>
> For the latter, put something like this in the head of your layout:
>
>   <%= @refresh %>
>
> :: and something like this in your controller:
>
> @refresh = '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5;url=/foo/param"/>'
>
> :: with the appropriate values.
>
> HTH!
> --
> Hassan S. ------------------------ removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Thanks a lot Hassan! It works perfectly!
Ing. Mario Navarra (Guest)
Hi!
(Ciao),
I do something like what you want with ajax components.
I've used an observer...
now i've not the code, but if you write to me I can send it

bye,
Mario

On 12 Ott, 17:02, Stefano B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>