Forum: Ruby on Rails How to highlight or get the child div id?

Innovia (Guest)
Hi

I am trying to highlight the child div of attendees_box which is the
attendee_id

so far this is my code

<pre>
page.replace_html "attendees_box_#{@event.id}", :partial =>
"attendees", :collection => @event.members
page.visual_effect(:highlight, "attendees_box_#{@event.id}
[attendee_id_#{@member.id}]")
</pre>

I can highlight the parent div with no problem, but when i try to
highlight attendee_id div i get an error

RJS error:

[object Object]

what is the correct syntax to get to the child element?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Oct 11, 9:13 pm, Innovia <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> page.visual_effect(:highlight, "removed_email_address@domain.invalid}
> [removed_email_address@domain.invalid}]")
> </pre>

So what are the dom ids of the elements you are trying to highlight
and what is the javascript that is generated?

Fred