Forum: Ruby on Rails convention for checking rails environment

Eric G. (Guest)
on 2008-10-12 02:39
Whats the general practice for checking rails environment.

I often find myself having to do: RAILS_ENV=="development".

As of recently, I've been starting to see more of
Rails.env=="production".

Im thinking, we may as well extend "Rails.env" so I could do:

Rails.env.production?
Rails.env.test?
Rails.env.development?

Anybody done this? Or any reasons not to?
Maurício L. (Guest)
If you're running the latest rails, this is already implemented :)

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Aryk G.
> Rails.env.production?
> Rails.env.test?
> Rails.env.development?
>
> Anybody done this? Or any reasons not to?
> --

Maurício Linhares
(en)
João Pessoa, PB, +55 83 8867-7208