Forum: Ruby on Rails calling form_remote_tag in a helper

Garrett B. (Guest)
Apparently inside a helper form_remote_tag cannot take a block because
_erbout is out of scope.  As of a year ago the accepted way to handle
this was to call form_remote_tag without a block, like this;

form_remote_tag(:url => { :controller => stuf } ) +
             submit_tag(button_text) +
             end_form_tag

Now end_form_tag is deprecated, and we are supposed to use blocks
instead.  Actually, the method no longer exists, so I guess it is not
even deprecated anymore.  Regardless, can I just replace end_form_tag
with "</form>" or does the method do more then that?
Maurício L. (Guest)
It would be like this:

<% form_remote_tag :url => {:controller => stuf} do %>
        <%= submit_tag(button_text) %>
<% end %>

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Garrett B.

--
Maurício Linhares
(en)

On Oct 11, 10:04 am, "Maurício Linhares" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 11 Oct 2008, at 13:47, Garrett B. wrote:

> Now end_form_tag is deprecated, and we are supposed to use blocks
> instead.  Actually, the method no longer exists, so I guess it is not
> even deprecated anymore.  Regardless, can I just replace end_form_tag
> with "</form>" or does the method do more then that?

end_form_tag just generated '</form>'

IIRC on edge (soon to be 2.2) all that _erbout stuff was removed, so
you might find that these problems mostly go away.

Fred