Forum: GNU Radio Re: a question about benchmark_rx.py and benchmark_tx.py

Bill S. (Guest)
----- Original Message ----
From: Stefan Brüns <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
To: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Sent: Thursday, October 9, 2008 2:11:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a question about benchmark_rx.py and
benchmark_tx.py

On Thursday 09 October 2008 19:47:10 Bill S. wrote:
> Hello, everyone!
>
> I am just running a demo program to realize communication between two usrps
> using benchmark_rx and benchmark_py under the Python/digital dir. But when
> I am trying to use dqpsk modulation scheme, the packets received are
> totally wrong. What's wrong with the programs? I am really confused. Could
> anybody give me a hint or help me out? Thank you!!!
>
> Bill

I had a problem with different oscillator frequencies on two boards, not
much
but enough for the digital pll in the receiving gnuradio block to lose
tracking.

As a workaround, I used the usrp_fft.py programm as a receiver, and on
the
sending side just a carrier. This way, I could determine the frequency
offset
between the two boards.

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
mailto:lurch at gmx.li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/

Hello, Stefan

I am sorry but I cannot quite follow your instructions, could you please
give me more specific instructions on this problem? Is loosing tracking
related to my problem? What do you mean, using usrp_fft.py as a receiver
and sending side just a carrier? Thank you!

Bill