Forum: GNU Radio Unresponsive USRP2

Matt Edman (Guest)

I received two USRP2 devices, both with RFX2400 daughterboards and
VERT400
antennas. One of the USRP2s works great and can be found when I run the
usrp2/host/apps/find_usrps application. The other device doesn't seem to
be
responsive. When it is powered on, the unresponsive device only has the
LED
labeled "F" illuminated, whereas the responsive device has both the "D"
and "F"
LEDs lit up. I have tried swapping SD cards and even daughterboards
between the
two devices, which had no effect.

Did I get a DOA USRP2? Or is there something else I need to do to get
the
unresponsive device to start working? Any tips would be appreciated.

--Matt
Matt E. (Guest)
Matt Edman wrote:
> Did I get a DOA USRP2? Or is there something else I need to do to get the
> unresponsive device to start working? Any tips would be appreciated.

Remove all daughterboards and cables except the power supply. Does it do
the same thing, or do you get two leds? Also, if the SD card slot is
stiff and/or sticking, make sure that when you push the card in that it
clicks and slides back a bit. If that still doesn't work, please call
the office so we can discuss it further.

Matt
Matt Edman (Guest)
On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:48:10AM -0700, Matt E. wrote:
> >unresponsive device to start working? Any tips would be appreciated.
> >

> Remove all daughterboards and cables except the power supply. Does it do the
> same thing, or do you get two leds?

I still only get one LED.

> Also, if the SD card slot is stiff and/or
> sticking, make sure that when you push the card in that it clicks and slides
> back a bit.

Yep, the SD card slot makes the clicking sound when I push the card in
and the
card seems to be in there properly.

> If that still doesn't work, please call the office so we can
> discuss it further.

Will do. Thanks!

--Matt