Forum: Ruby on Rails How to put exit like in php in Rails View

Cyrus D. (Guest)
Hello All

Is it possible in rails view to put exit like in php ..so that we can
debug view in rails .. ?

like in php you can print array and  put exit ..for debugging view
Nick (Guest)
On Oct 10, 8:33 am, cyrusdev08 <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Is it possible in rails view to put exit like in php ..so that we can
> debug view in rails .. ?
>
> like in php you can print array and  put exit ..for debugging view

You can stop execution by raising an exception. For example:
    raise 'Forced #raise after doing X"

However, you don't need to do that to print debugging messages. Simply
use #puts or #pp or whatever, and it'll appear in the server console
of your Rails app. You just might need to scroll up a little in the
console.

Cheers,
Nick