Forum: Ruby on Rails rails API best practices

Marcelo B. (Guest)

Is there a book or screencast or documentation that provides best
practices for creating an API for a RoR application?

I have to build an API from scratch and I have no idea where to start.

--
M.
Michael S. (Guest)
> If you haven't read the docs for ActiveResource, I'd start there.

One of the tasks of my project is that I have to create a PHP library
that people can use to connect to this application.

Is there a library that implements a PHP - RoR XML connection?

--
M.
Michael S. (Guest)

Marcelo B. wrote:

> Is there a book or screencast or documentation that provides
> best practices for creating an API for a RoR application?
>
> I have to build an API from scratch and I have no idea where
> to start.

I highly recommend "RESTful Web Services".  Amazon has it
http://www.amazon.com/RESTful-Web-Services-Leonard...
ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223669754&sr=1-1

Best regards,
Bill