Forum: Ruby on Rails Updating plugins

Mike C (Guest)
Just wondering, when I want to update a plugin, do I have to reinstall
it and do everything over again or is there any easier way?
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
On 09 Oct 2008, at 10:01, Mike C wrote:

> Just wondering, when I want to update a plugin, do I have to reinstall
> it and do everything over again or is there any easier way?

• Piston (http://piston.rubyforge.org/)
• svn externals
• git submodules

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
Miles G. (Guest)
I wrote a gem called ext for doing subproject management in an SCM
agnostic manner.  It allows you to use a mixture of git/svn projects
and works more like svn:externals than git-submodule.

It might not be of interest though because it does not currently allow
you to freeze a subproject at a specific revision.  So your
subprojects will always be up to date, but the downside of this is if
an update to a subproject breaks the main project or a different
subproject, it could be annoying.  I figured I'd mention it anyways.
A tutorial on how to use it is at http://nopugs.com/ext-tutorial

I'll probably add support for freezing to a specific revision in the
near future.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:14 AM, Peter De Berdt