Forum: Ruby on Rails acts as ferret

aa a. (Guest)
on 2008-10-09 04:01
So i have acts as ferret working nicely except for one problem. I can't
for the life of me filter results on a parent model!
For example we have a tree that goes
Account->User->Article

Article.find_by_contents("hello") works great but I try something like
Article.find_by_contents("hello", {}, {:include=>:users,
:conditions=>["users.account_id = ?"])

gives a bunch of errors, its clearly not including the users
DavidPaquet (Guest)

I know that it's not your question, but alot of people seem to have
problems with Ferret in production.  Might I suggest to switch to
Shpinx using ThinkingSphinx plugin before it's too late? :)

As for your question, I don't know enough about Ferret to help you,
I'm sorry.
aa a. (Guest)
on 2008-10-09 04:55
DavidPaquet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that it's not your question, but alot of people seem to have
> problems with Ferret in production.  Might I suggest to switch to
> Sphinx using ThinkingSphinx plugin before it's too late? :)
Bloody brilliant David!
 The ThinkingSphinx quickstart had the EXACT example i needed. After
re-reading sphinx install instructions (forgot the --with-pgsq option),
setup was a breeze and it works perfectly!